What Should I do After a Car Accident?
Before you drive in California, you should have already purchased a California auto insurance policy. No one wants to be involved in an automobile accident, but the reality is that it happens all the time and nothing is comparable to the emotions flaring after an accident.
If you don’t know the procedures to follow after an automobile accident, it may be difficult to obtain all of the information necessary to fill out an insurance claim or lawsuit. Even worse, one wrong move may make you appear to be the one at fault.
As you drive your vehicle, make certain that you drive safely and remember these procedures in case you are involved in an accident:
- STAY CALM and remain rational
- Move your car away from traffic if possible
- Don’t leave the scene of the accident
- Call for emergency assistance if needed
- Try to get information from witnesses
- Call the police to determine fault
- Exchange information with all parties involved
- Call your dependable Corbett & Assoc. Insurance Agency agent as soon as possible to report the claim